Couple of Today

JHayes

Found these 2 items today for $26 dollars total. I'm investigating the Chicken Pan #8 make, model & value. The Griswold is a before pic and a pic after only 6 hours in the electrolysis tank.

Attachments

• mini-GriswoldIronMountainChickenPan_18dollars.jpg
    mini-GriswoldIronMountainChickenPan_18dollars.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 61
  • mini-Griswold_8dollars_Bottom_01.jpg
    mini-Griswold_8dollars_Bottom_01.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 62
  • mini-Griswold_8dollars_6hours_Tank.jpg
    mini-Griswold_8dollars_6hours_Tank.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 67
Chicken pan is a Griswold Iron Mountain piece. Worth at least twice what you paid for both pans if in good condition.

As you may know already, or soon will find out through research, Griswold made the Iron Mountain line in the 1940s as a line of a more economy grade cookware. As I've read, they were made to sell at a lower price than the marked Griswold's through hardware stores, etc. They had paper labels on them.

Everyone has their own tastes, but I think they're a great deal: Griswold quality, with some style in the handle design, but generally without the big Gris' prices, especially from unknowledgeable sellers.

For some reason, #5 skillets are mainly all we find in my area of Maine. I do have two Chicken pans, but sadly, no covers for them.

I don't know how to post a link to other sources. If you do a Google search under "Griswold Iron Mountain Cookware", you'll see that the third site in the listing is a series of posts through the "Wagner & Griswold Society Information" that discusses what's available in this line and includes a picture of an Iron Mountain label.

Back