Wagner Ware Griddle

I found this one under some plants in my father in laws yard. Going to clean it up and make it a user. What do you guys think? It's marked 1109M does that help identify a year? Let me know and thanks!
Image Image
Image Image Image

Looks like a good piece to cut your restoration teeth on. It might turn out better than anticipated if the cooking surface isn't pitted, although I suspect it might be along that one edge. The bottom doesn't look bad at all, nor does the handle. The 1109 is a catalog number, the M identifies the unique pattern from which the mold was made. The font and fineness of the C/N inscription tends to indicate later in the period of production of pieces marked with this trademark, which was ~1930s-1959.

Thanks, I gave it a vinegar/water bath last night, a lot of that rust came off, even have some grey metal showing through. I going to make an electrolysis tub this weekend. I have another rusty pan I found in my garage that I am going to try it out on.

I haven't made the electrolysis tank yet, however after a few lye baths and a few vinegar baths, and some scrubbing it came out great! Looks like brand new.
Just finished it this morning. Cant wait to use it. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

Image Image Image

Looks dang good to me. Doesn't look like there was too much damage to the cooking surface from the pic. Nicely done sir. :)

Back