Most Used and Favorite CI

TDBiles

Just curious what's your most used and your favorite CI is?

Our most used is an old skillet with a broken handle. It fits our toaster oven perfectly. Get's used everyday, sometimes twice or more. We paid $5.00 for the broken skillet. Money well spent. If you tried a biscuit that comes out of it, you'd agree. :)

My favorite is what I believe to be an old oval fish kettle. Never cooked anything in it. I just like it. Looks like the legs were longer, probably twice as long. Thinking that one or more of the legs were rusted away and someone cut them all off even. Yep, I know, it's ruff. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The pictures were taken after cleaning. The skillet looks heaps better now.

Our most used is a BS&R red mountain #7 that is seasoned almost non-stick. Hard to pick out a favorite. The most I have paid for one piece is a #9 Wapak Indian but can't say its my favorite. Just had to have it.

Last edited:
My goto is a #8 Iron Mountain, although I have a #7 small block Griswold that is seasoning up nicely and may end up overtaking the #8.

I have my eye on a #9 3rd series ERIE, I could see that becoming my favorite :)

I have several favorites. It all depends on what I'm cooking and how much of it.

Here are a few, in no particular order:

Wagner Ware #10, 1060C with outside heat ring for gravy, browning meats, frying bacon, etc.

Griswold No. 6, 699 grooved handle for fried eggs and single slices of French toast. Never, EVER, sticks.

Griswold No. 32, 962 Aebleskiver pan when we crave the delicate little pancake balls with jam filling.

Lodge 8 Corn Bread pan for blueberry or cranberry/walnut scones and for corn bread wedges.

Wagner-made (Griswold pattern) #14 Cast Iron Skillet for camp breakfast and frying fresh-caught trout.

Lodge 8 Chicken Fryer w/lid for frying chicken, stews, soups, chicken and dumplings, etc.

Lodge 8, 10 and 12 inch camp ovens for breads, cakes, large stews and soups and roasting meat.

Like I said ... it depends on what I'm cooking and how much of it.
:)

I love to use this double gated.

afbb3917-d919-41ae-8960-cc310f740b86_zps0837074a.jpg

8e4ce5e5-c0c8-42a1-ae16-4157cc957d78_zps88da8c34.jpg

Back