Nickel Griswold

DAPhilipps

Today I came across a No.8 nickel Griswold and a nickel griswold griddle, $65 and $100, no warping, both good condition. Are these worth the price? If so, are these good to cook in or mostly just for collecting?

Thanks you!

Last edited:
I paid $45 for a crome 8 griswold 95% good condition,and I feel I over paid for It,may be because I'm not griswold guy,it was like 6 months ago.talking about cooking any ci skillet works same,food will taste same,I wouldn't spend more $10 for something to cook on.

I don't buy a skillet is a skillet any more than I buy food is food. My #7 BSR skillet with 75 years of seasoning and my 10 SK with 32 years of seasoning will both put out a much higher quality product than a newly reasoned skillet. I better be dead if they ever sell for under $75@ in today's market.

I believe value has a whole lot to do with knowledge, scarcity and perceived desire today. After that comes yesterday's market and what someone is willing to pay for an item based upon their financial status. Some aren't willing to pay $95 a lb. for an uncooked lobster tail, some are. Many choose McD's.

An items value down the road? More hope than substance except for a few people.

Hilditch

The general consensus among collectors re: plated items is that they are only worth a premium if in perfect condition. Otherwise, worn or damaged plating detracts enough from value as to make them less valuable than bare iron versions of the same in excellent condition.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I would say the griddle was close to perfect, but that's perfect from a newbies eyes. It seems like a lot of money based on what you guys said and looking on eBay, so I think I'll pass, but they were very cool to find!

even though the pc is diminished in value, the pcs with less than perfect nichol covering are still good users , right?

Back