Hammered #8 Lodge DO

Steve Moody

I got this DO two weeks ago. As you can see, it is in great shape. The bottom is completely level with no hint of warping.

In the section on identifying unmarked cast iron, the Lodge lids from the 1930's have a raised molder's mark. This lid has a raised "T". There is a matching "T" on the underside of the tab on the lip of the pot. I bought the OD from the son of the original owner, so that, plus the matching marks means it is very likely to be the original lid.

There is a footnote for 1930's unmarked Lodge that says that it has a published collector's value. Where can I find that value? I am interesting in either selling this DO or swapping it for a #12 Sidney -O- and I want to make sure it is a fair trade before I make a serious offer to trade.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27
The footnote refers to the Lodge section of the red book (Book of Wagner & Griswold). Your particular piece is not specifically valued in it, though. If the inside is polished (it should be), I would put it somewhere ~ $50-75. If the skillet you want to trade for is in excellent condition, I'd say you'll be doing OK.

Back