Wagner Ware Muffin Pan F

KevM

hard to leave any where empty handed. so I bought this Wagner Ware Muffin Pan F to help ease my cast iron fix.

Wow! That's a beauty! On my phone it has red patches on it. Is that just rust, or fire damage, or just the reflection of something red nearby?

If I'm remembering correctly, the Griswold pans with this "golf ball" shape were called brownie pans. I actually made brownies in mine, and I recall they worked out okay, but that has been MANY years ago. Maybe you can try brownies in your Wagner. It's a lovely pan--as you can tell, I'm in love with gem pans in general--but yours is very nice. Even if you don't bake anything in it, it'll look great hung on the wall. Have fun!

Very nice . I have the exact same pan that I picked up last summer . Still haven't got around to using it yet though lol . Good find :icon_thumbsup:

I wonder if Doug would be able to date these .

The RB dates this open frame style F pan 1902-1910. It does, however, appear in catalogs dated 1924 and 1927. The lack of a c/n on it means it pre-dates 1924.

So then you're saying it must date 1902 to 1910 , right ?

Thanks Doug . Your knowledge and experience are always appreciated .

I'm saying that, according to available catalogs, the open frame design of the F style gem pan was made until at least 1927. Wagner purportedly did not use catalog numbers on their pieces before 1924. So, the best information available places this one 1902-1924.

Back