Tess from the Bayou

Tess B.

Hi All,

Just joined the group and am excited about finding more information about cast iron, its history and folks who love it as much as we do. My husband Perry and I live in Alabama and like to get out on weekends and prowl the antique, thrift and junk stores and flea markets for cast away cast iron and he does a great job of cleaning up our finds for use. There are a few pieces we're still hunting (tortilla press, some bakeware, a large skillet) but we're enjoying the process of finding our treasures and getting them ready for service. We're not stuck on a certain brand, but we do love to find Birmingham, Martin and Crescent. The older the better, and I don't care what brand if I can sense a history with the piece. I like to imagine all the meals cooked over the years, making up stories of favorite dishes and holiday celebrations that the pan/s supported. Hoping to learn more, make some new friends and get some new recipes!

Tess B.

Welcome to the forum, Tess. Glad you found us. Lots of great info. here and what you can't find, just ask.

Steve

Thanks! I have some pans I'm going to ask for help identifying. I'm guessing there's a spot for that ... *off hunting* ... :idea:

Back