Why Do You Like Vollrath?

Debbie_B

I saw and bought my first Vollrath yesterday. I wasn't sure what it was at the time but I knew I "needed" it. It's just a #3 but I seem to be collecting that size. The appeal for me was the outside heat ring and relatively straight sides. I don't know why but that form appeals to me.

Why do you like Vollrath? I know we have at least one member who is a big fan. Vollrath's aren't something we see often here, but I found a #5 today. I didn't get it but will likely go back next week when I can.

Debbie

I think they are a balanced pan with enough heft to be users but still light enough to be easy to handle. I am working on a complete set ,still looking for an " affordable " 4, 6 and 11 with full markings. I use one or two every day. They are a great product.

I agree with CR about the balance and weight. I have a new (to me) unmarked 8 taking a bath that is going to replace my current standard user.

Also, they have a wicked giant spike on the handle.
Also, “Vollrath” sounds like the name of a bad guy from LOTR or Marvel comics.
All the cool kids want a Vollrath.

I think they are a balanced pan with enough heft to be users but still light enough to be easy to handle. I am working on a complete set ,still looking for an " affordable " 4, 6 and 11 with full markings. I use one or two every day. They are a great product.

C.R. do you have a Dutch Oven and Chicken Pan?

Also, they have a wicked giant spike on the handle.
Also, “Vollrath” sounds like the name of a bad guy from LOTR or Marvel comics.
All the cool kids want a Vollrath.

Can't argue with that logic! :bow:

Thanks for the responses. It's going to be awhile before I can get it cleaned and seasoned for use, but I look forward to it. And I'm still thinking about that #5.

Debbie

C.R. do you have a Dutch Oven and Chicken Pan?

I have limited my Vollrath obsession to the numbered marked skillets as I already had a couple of lodge Dutch ovens in # 5 and a #8. Plenty for my use as I have to constantly remind myself. I would like a chicken fryer . My only 2 lids for skillets are #8 and #9. I Don't know what else was ever produced in the plain cast iron line. I'm not even certain what #s skillets were ever produced. Any one care to hazard a guess or have solid info on their variety of skillet production ?

Back