Wagner #2

was it just a 'rare find' or was it also a bargain?
I like it best when it's both. those seem to not be as rare as the griswolds... but still not a very common find at all...Ive seen a couple at cast iron auctions... but never one out in the wild.

It was sitting on a table with a Griswold #6 slant logo skillet. Paid $25 for both. Gave her the money and was very very happy guy.

I found mine in the wild - flea market near Chattanooga TN long ago. The only thing that came to mind after cleaning it was that it had been "shoe-blacked," as the chrome wasn't visible.

Attachments

• IMG_5190.jpg
    IMG_5190.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5191.jpg
    IMG_5191.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 27
The ones with the c/n seem harder to find, those with the pie logo even harder. Then there's this one:

That's what I enjoy about collecting cast iron. There are so many different things out there to find and then posting here and finding out that there is also a chrome #2 and an #2 with advertising. I will keep looking and thanks to everyone who posted.

It was sitting on a table with a Griswold #6 slant logo skillet. Paid $25 for both. Gave her the money and was very very happy guy.

are you still looking over your shoulder waiting for the police? 'cause you stole both of those.

Back