ID?

MikeL

Anyone want to guess what this is? I believe I already know, that's why I paid $10 for it. I'm going to try to scrape some crud off before i put it in the lye tank. If a logo shows up I'll post another picture.

2017-03-22 16.58.40.jpg 2017-03-22 16.58.54.jpg 2017-03-22 16.59.16.jpg

Handle doesn't say Wagner to me. Griswold perhaps. Or like the one I bought in that condition thinking it was Griswold, and found no markings and an unduly heavy bottom underneath.

You guys are quick. I was thinking like you Doug, you guys have taught me a lot in the last couple of months. Here's what I found under the crud.

2017-03-22 17.02.39.jpg

It's in the lye tank now.

That's what my guess was, a small logo Griswold. I always like to look good at a skillets posted here when someone asks what is it, and try to ID it from what I've learned here and remember. I'm still working on being right 50% of the time. It's still fun to play what's this one.

I was thinking BSR Red Mountain, till I saw the SBL Gris...is there a flat ground where the "point" of the underside of the handle joins the sidewall of the skillet?

Steve

If not a chicken fryer/deep skillet, to be BSR it would need to have a heat ring.

Back