Too rich for my blood!

Lodge made a series of 4 (?) outdoor-themed skillets, IIRC in the late 90s/early 2000s. There was a bass, a buck head, the dog and a duck. The bass seems to be the most common, in my unscientific awareness. I haven't watched enough of these auctions to have a sense of the values, but $263 is crazy high, to me! I guess somebody was intent to complete their group?

Steve

Lodge made a series of 5 different wildlife skillets. There are fakes out there, at least of the deer. I wouldn't necessarily call them rare, but people seem to be willing to pay big bucks for them.

I'd post a link, but just Google Lodge Wildlife Series and you'll find images of all five on Pinterest.

I see the bass and duck from time to time. The deer less so. I've never seen the dog other than in pictures. They've always had first series Erie price tags so I haven't bought any.

I've seen all of the others in the wild. Usually they are priced around $40. Too high for me.

Although, if they would do a college series, I'd be happy to pay that for an Alabama skillet. Roll Tide.

Back