My results from using Crisbee

EdP

I recently read some of the threads on using Crisbee and found them interesting and wanted to give Crisbee and try, so I ordered a 2-pack of the Crisbee sticks and a mitten to boot. So, I have a good mix of iron in my collection of pre-1960 old iron from Griswold, Lodge, BSR and Wagner, except the late 1990s 11-3/4" Wagner skillet I acquired last year and one post 1960s Wagner 10-1/2". Some of the discussions I read were how food grade beeswax/homemade beeswax blends were used as alternative to animal/veg fats/oils to help stave off rancidity from infrequent use. So, because I do not use my CI on a daily basis and no access to readily available food grade beeswax, I decided to give it a try. So, I stripped all of my CI collection using the lye solution method and re-seasoned per Crisbee instructions. Now that the CI re-reasoning is completed, I fried up breakfast recently using a dab of lard in one of my Wagner skillets and fried up a couple of eggs and beef kielbasa. I was impressed at how easily eggs just slid around and clean up was a snap. If you are an infrequent user, it is worth a try. If you use your CI daily/frequently, then, I would continue to use whatever method that you are using and that works for you.

OK, I'll bite. What is Crisbee?

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Nevermind. Google is my friend.

I've used Crisbee for a while now with good results. Mainly started using it due to the much reduced odor when seasoning. Overall, good product.

Back