Flea Market Report 3/3/2018...

I am always anxious to get everything in the lye so I never have pics to "show" but I will "tell" about the day.

First find was a #5 very crusty unknown, smooth bottom. Handle had a ridge ending in the triangular flat spot like a Wagner or Griswold so I gambled. Only drawback is the size of the spouts-not as large as my Gris LBL #5 but bigger than post automation Lodge and BSR. Only ears I've seen that size were on a Block Logo Wapak which would be OK by me. Once again, time will tell the tale.

Next up was a BSR Red Mountain #3. I've got five lifetime supplies of #3s but no RMs of any size so it came home with me. I love how shallow the pan is and how large the spouts are compared to all other BSRs I've ever seen.

Next was a unmarked "Warpner" #10 pre-USA. I don't know what it is with Wagners, but almost all the really bad spinners and warped pans I've ever seen are Wagners. I got it for mom who wants a large pan for her gas stove so I figure it should be OK for that.

Next was a Wagner EE 22 hole cornstick pan. Unfortunately it was plated and pretty rusty so I have no idea how she'll clean off. Any help on cleaning rusty plated iron will be greatly appreciated. I thought they were worth more than they are so I kind of wish I had left it sitting now.

Finally was the day's biggest score (for me anyway). A #7 Fancy handle gatemarked griddle that appears to be in good shape under the gunk. This was a big score for me because I already have the #8 pan which I believe to be by the same maker.

Overall a day of fun hunting and great exercise. And for $36 I'm out half as much as if I went to play golf with none of the frustration and cussing to boot.

I've noticed that almost all of the #10 Wagners I've seen have been warped. It took me forever to find a flat one.

that was the first Wagner 10 I've ever run across. The other two have been 8s-one WWSO, the other unmarked Pre-USA. The 6 and under sizes seem to be fine. I've got a Heat-ring National that is dead flat too.

Back