It is only miles

Jeffrey R.

I went pick-in yesterday on the western side on VT, close enough to see NY. I came home with 23 pieces of cast iron and I am only out $155.00 :eek:

The rest is not cast iron so I will not talk about it. :grin:

Mostly Griswold, Wagner, and unmarked. one cover, griddle skillets, and 2 muffins.
2 L Block Chrome Griswold skillets.

No photos yet, they took a swim in the lye pool. :icon_rofl:

Went only as far as Woodstock, VT, yesterday. Hit as many shops on the way that has Iron as I can, also time to get a new stove for my iron seasoning.

Came home with a new to me Stove for seasoning, and eight more pieces of iron. This one just might have to hang in my kitchen. Any idea on the maker. At the time I thought that the handle looked like Steve Stephens Vose skillet, not quite. If you look at the bottom side there are 4 little legs.

3 photos to the right.
https://picasaweb.google.com/114772661409714296598/JeffreyR#6084716467171553122

He took a dive in the lye pool. The rest will have to wait their turn.

I do like the heat ringed Wagners' Sometimes my daily user No.9 feels a little small, so a 10 would be perfect. I have an 11, but it's too big for everyday.

This one just might have to hang in my kitchen. Any idea on the maker. At the time I thought that the handle looked like Steve Stephens Vose skillet, not quite. If you look at the bottom side there are 4 little legs.

Now that's cool!!

Hard to pick which one I like more, but I'm going to give the nod to the Wagner. That came out looking absolutely fantastic.

Problem is that I have an earlier Wagner # 10 bit has a few issues. Just did not like it with such a nice lid. Now if I can find some Griswold lids. :icon_thumbsup:

Back