Macdonald Number 9 Skillet

So we picked this up from my sister in law yesterday who bought it for us. I cant really find any info about Macdonald iron other than it was made by several different foundries. What can you tell me about this pans date and collectability? Have you seen a pan this warped before? No heat damage to it but the pan seems bent in the middle and wobbles horribly but no spin.

Severely warped pan https://imgur.com/a/7C1jO

I've looked at this a couple of times since you posted it but I'm far from any kind of expert. My first thought was a BSR possibly used as a pattern, but it kinda resembled a Griswold vaguely in a couple ways. It is a cool odd skillet and I hope someone can give a little more insight on it. As in anything people collect, you just don't know what's going to turn up next.

Thanks you guys for the info. I haven't decided if I'll try to sell it or keep it. Not much o a cooker but a cool display piece for sure.

Not really seeing a concrete connection there. It says he designed and made cast iron library stack shelving, no mention of hollow ware. None of the pieces seen appear to have a place of manufacture on them, but most seem to be Lodge copies (which the pan in the OP looks more like an old non-notch than BSR).

Back