Cousances from a Thrift Store

Sandra B.

I found these Cousances pans at a thrift store today. I’m not a collector but they were a good deal and seemed like good quality. Some internet searching led me to this forum. From the little info I can find online, I’m guessing they’re a bit old. How do I clean and disinfect them but not destroy them? Thank you!

https://imgur.com/gallery/gVamlfH

None of the methods used for restoring bare cast iron apply to enamelware. To me, they don't look like they need much in the way of anything beyond a good washing in hot soapy water.

Very nice. I haven't seen the ones with a black interior. All of mine have the white/beige interior.

As stated before, just wash with soapy water. I noticed in the handle of the big pot you have some grease build up. Do not use an abrasive pad on it. A mild scrubbing deterrent or pad will work. BTW, soap and water may clean it just as well with a little elbow grease.

Sandra, you may want to get a little mineral oil (butcher block oil) on the wood handles. That will help prevent them from drying out as well as help them repel water.

Back