A Little Pickin’ Today.

Re: A Little Pickin’ Today. After cleaning.

After cleaning in lye.

Do you think the plated one is a Favorite?

And as far as seasoning it: Do I only season the bare iron parts and leave the plating alone? What happens if I season the plated part as well?

Thanks.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Hhkop7w

Well, it does say Favorite at 12 o'clock, so... If it didn't, the "rolled edge" heat ring would be a tip-off.

Seasoning over plated areas will darken as it does on bare iron. I would do just a basic coat on the worn areas.

Is that a screw in the last picture? Sure looks like one....I think I saw on here someone else had one like this or something to that effect....I was just curious.

If a ghost mark, it always seemed odd to me that unmarked pieces, designed for lower end marketing channels, would then be plated, which normally doubled the cost. These were offered unmarked, though, as I recall seeing one years ago at a flea market, tagged "unmarked Griswold". :roll:

Thanks for the link Doug.....I try to learn a few new things every day, about anything really, and today I learned a lot on here. Thanks again!

Doug, instead of it being a ghost mark, could it be that the plating material is thick enough to "fill in" the Favorite insignia? Or isn't it that thick?

Back