Restore WagnerWare Teapot

D Amidon

I have acquired an old Wagner Ware Teapot. The inside of the pot is very rusty, etc. I have restored several cast iron antiques, and am very good at it, but this is my first attempt with a teapot. Although old and abused, it is in very good condition as far as the handle, swivel top, etc. It is the inside of the pot that has a large build up of rust.

My question is, should I treat this as I do any other cast iron pan, or is there a better way of reconditioning the inside of a teapot:biggrin:?

Some electrolysis users make a "reverse" setup, filling the kettle with electrolyte solution and suspending an anode in it, not touching the iron. Neg to the kettle, pos to the anode. A better line of sight and you don't have to worry about the handle. You could also try boiling a 50/50 vinegar/water solution in it for 30-60 minutes.

Some electrolysis users make a "reverse" setup, filling the kettle with electrolyte solution and suspending an anode in it, not touching the iron. Neg to the kettle, pos to the anode. A better line of sight and you don't have to worry about the handle. You could also try boiling a 50/50 vinegar/water solution in it for 30-60 minutes.

My buddy did that reverse set up to clean the inside of a rusty motorcycle gas tank and it worked perfectly. :icon_thumbsup:

Back