Griswold #1

MDFraley

Just out of curiosity was wondering if anyone besides me saw where a Griswold #1 Slant Logo sold on eBay for $3350? With a cash cow like that it's the very reason why we collect these old pieces of CI, or at least why I do...

I actually came across it when I was searching for data on the Cliff Cornell skillet. It wasn't listed on the normal eBay headings (vintage cast iron etc.) but when I went into the collectors weekly that's when I found it.
Somebody's got deep pockets......

Thanks. Between this site and eBay I found quite a few Griswolds that sold for greater than $1 K. Talk about crazy money and deep pockets!

Sharon,
If you look under our CIC resources and go to CICN Re-Mastered and view Vol. 2 No.1 (July 1989) It has a short story regarding the #1 skillet.

It's a toy size skillet. If the side by side images in the BB are a single photo, it is the same size as the #0/562 toy.

It's a toy size skillet. If the side by side images in the BB are a single photo, it is the same size as the #0/562 toy.

Silly question but maybe worth asking....Do you think the buyer of the one sold went a bit overboard for that piece? I know some rarity exist for certain CI pieces and when Griswold has its name on them they seem to skyrocket to unbelievable values.

Not that BB values really prevail anymore, but it has this one at $3000-4000. They are indeed about that rare. Maybe not as rare as the 3-spout Griswold skillet, but...

Not that BB values really prevail anymore, but it has this one at $3000-4000. They are indeed about that rare. Maybe not as rare as the 3-spout Griswold skillet, but...

I saw that 3 spout skillet on ebay a while back. I believe it was listed for $9500.....wow!

I'm having a hard time posting pics. Haven't posted here in awhile...maybe the file size is too big?

I know the beginning of this thread is old... but there was one like yours that sold on ebay last week... with the '411' pattern number instead of a normal size... I think it sold for $3800. Some lady in iowa listed it as a #4 the first time with a starting price of $40... I knew it wasn't a #4 right away... then someone must have contacted her... she ended that auction with a reason that the item was lost or broken or something... set up another ebay auction... still had the id wrong... a day later she had ended that auction as well... listed it again... it quickly jumped up in price to around $600... then sold for the $3800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Griswold-...jq%2FyajpYAyFvQ5kwd0o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Back