Help ID

CharlieN

I need help with a 9 inch CI SK...I think it looks like an omelet pan. The handle and script 9 inch leads me to believe it's a Wagner. Although similar ones I have found on the internet have a smooth bottom. Can anyone confirm this is a Wagner and if so the approximate age of this piece.?..Thanks

Attachments

• 2-b.jpg
    2-b.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 3-b.jpg
    3-b.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 7-b.jpg
    7-b.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 48
Looks like an unmarked Wagner chef skillet. No "Made in USA" tends to place it pre-1960. These oddball heat ring(?) pieces are normally seen with Teflon coating, although it's often gone/removed.

Thanks Doug....Doesn't seem to be any Teflon coating anywhere on this pan. Did Wagner produce pans with Teflon?

I should have said, "These Wagner oddball heat ring(?) pieces...". BSR also made some with the same unusual ridges. They also sold Teflon coated under the Atlanta Stove Works label.

Thanks Doug....Since this design (flared handle and thumb rest) appeared on other pieces, did also the 9 INCH (in typewriter font) on the bottom on the pan appear on other pieces other than Wagner?

When Wagner started using the descriptive markings, they were for example "6-1/2 INCH SKILLET". You can see that this piece was made from a Wagner chef skillet pattern, originally smooth bottomed, altered to add the unusual heat ring and ridges. Note the "C" pattern identifier from the original pattern partially obscured by the ring. On the original marked pattern, the words "CHEF SKILLET" appeared above the "9 INCH". You can see some ghosting of them just beneath the inner ends of the radial ridges.

This piece appears to have been produced during the Randall period of Wagner ownership, and is not usually considered in the realm of the collectible. I think as a curiosity, collectors might consider anywhere up to about $15 if in undamaged condition.

Back