Estate Sale Find - Need Help Indentifying

That's very similar to the chicken fryer I recently got, only the end of the handle is different. I'm waiting to get a camera to show it, I too would love to know a possible maker. I'm thinking those 'dots' on yours may be casting flaws, I really love the old pans like that with the outer heat rings. What did you give for it? I gave $24 for mine, it came with a #8 Iron Mountain lid that wasn't quite big enough, I knew of a Favorite #8 1/2 lid, bought it and it fits it perfectly. The IM lid fit perfectly on a 1940 era Lodge chicken fryer I found with no lid, I felt like a winner all the way around.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I also just got mine all clean by electrolysis, perfect condition. I'd guess if they're not easily a hundred years old they're right up on it.

The Chicken Fryer came with an unmarked 8 1/2 C Lid (very well made) and it fits like a glove. I think I paid 15.00 for both. The three dots are very defined so not sure they are casting marks.

One other slight difference, mine doesn't have that tab handle across from the handle.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

They could be, I have seen unmarked hammered skillets that have a row of dots similar, on the bottom of the handle. For $15 you stole that baby, especially with a lid. It's almost certainly the same lid as mine, the name wasn't on it but the guy on here knew what it was.

Back