Weird inset handle

Any ideas on this puppy? Kinda shaped like an old wagner or Erie. 11.5 inches across and 2.5 inches deep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 73
Not from any of the 20th century name brand makers. Probably mid to late 1800s. Usually nice pieces for as old as they are, but little or no chance of making an ID if not marked.

This was the same auction house I bought the #14 martin. I got it for $20+tax . I'm happy.

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

I was hoping the handle was unique enough to pinpoint. Was there much info that's been passed down on 1800 maker?.

Check the 14 Martin for cracks, small hairline, looks like a scratch, cracks where the handle joins the pan. A common problem with the Martin 14. I have had several examples that have this issue. Looking at the upside, the hairline will appear on the right hand side. Small, undetectable under build-up (crud).
Hope yours is solid. Check very carefully. I hope your example is solid. Even if not, we ( the wife and I) have used a hairline cracked 14 Martin for deep dish pizza for years. The crack has remained the same.

Back