Couple a #4s 4 ya!

NLevine

Here lies my small collection of #4 skillets. Usually I don't go for the Griswold SBLs but I'm a sucker for #4 skillets and I do love those grooved handles. This would be a prime example of good things coming in small packages. :D

Attachments

• gris4.jpg
    gris4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 76
I just picked up a grooved handle #4 a few weeks ago myself. I never set out to collect a set of them, but now that I have the rare one I'm kicking myself over all the grooved handled Griswolds I've walked away from in the past.

They seem to have been one of the sizes you could skip when buying multiple pans. When seen sold as sets, it was often not a complete set, but rather a selection of useful sizes, like 3, 5, and 8 that were offered.

Image Image

I got my first and only #4 when I first started collecting. It's an Arch logo Lodge. Bought at a thrift store all crudded up for $3.00.

Here lies my small collection of #4 skillets. Usually I don't go for the Griswold SBLs but I'm a sucker for #4 skillets and I do love those grooved handles. This would be a prime example of good things coming in small packages. :D

Man, those are beauties :)

went to visit my Mother in KY this past summer, she gave me " some old pan" she had laying around, and it was a Griswold #4! Needless to say I love her and the pan!

Needs a little TLC, but I will get to it someday!

Attachments

• griswold#4 001 (640x480).jpg
    griswold#4 001 (640x480).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 28
Back