Help IDing unmarked lidded 2qt pot

I know this is always easier witha picture but I can't figure it out. I even read the instructions on here but only understood every other word that was being used. Anyways it hasa unbroken heat ring. Only marking on pot is on top of handle and it says 2QT. Under lid is a letter A nadir has the dimple basters ..... Kind of making me think bsr. Under the handle is 2 dot holes close to the wall of pot. No ridge on underside of handle. The handle of lid is fatter on one side like it was pulled over when hot. Thanks everyone. Happy huntin

The dimples, lid handle, and even the pan handle sound like BSR, but the disconnect is that saucepan lids didn't have use or need for basting mechanisms.

I've noticed a few that look almost identical in the completed eBay listings but they had a couple number on top of lid. Not sure if that helps. Hmm good point on the lid dimples. Not a lot of reason for basting Ina pot like that.

Upon further consideration, I think what you have is a Lodge saucepan with some other, probably BSR, lid married to it. Does the lid have pour spout covers?

No . Neither pot or lid has spouts.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

It could be a marriage but the way it fits and the way the casting is identical makes me think they are a pair.

I see the one on eBay, and the pot looks like Lodge, but I don't think it is. The lid has dimples like BSR, but I don't think it is, either. Import?

I have one of these with the lid. Is this what you have, Chase?
http://stormforge.net/gallery/index.php/2-QT-pot-3-4-on-lid-Unknown-maker

Poorly cast heat ring, inconsistent thickness to side wall. I bought online and based on the pictures thought might be BSR. Opened it up and it's not. Works well after cleaning.

The metal when stripped is kind of whitish but it's heavy. Someone on an eBay group finds these a lot he says. Not sure where he lives.

Last edited:
Over all it is very similar. But the handle in picture shows the loop extending all the way into the 2 but mine stops short. Also my lid has no marking at all except the A underneath and those basters look to protrude where mine are dimples. Also there is no marking on bottom and my heat ring doesn't look near as shoddy. But overall it is very close.

Back