Help IDing my dutch oven

I think this is a lodge but not sure. I gave a cracked Sydney o to by brother to try and spot weld for me to use when I go camping. Only other I have is a block wagner and don't use it. Well anyways my mom heard and said I could have her Dutch oven since she only used it camping and stays in her tv now. So it says made in USA on top and no 8 10 5/8in. On the bottem. The inside of lid has a bunch of little round hole drip spots and says no8 10 5/8in and a 2 . The handle on top tapers to one side like it was pulled over and fastened. Any ideas?

Birmingham Stove & Range Co. Mid 60s and after. The handle is like that not so much for style, but rather the pattern was made with a mechanism so it could retract without disturbing the compacted sand around it in the mold.

Yup. I think your right after finding unmarked descriptions. Do you think the lid was a 50's and base a 60's? It doesn't say the lid on 60's had the holes Baster.. Also where we're these sold? I've read that the 60's were basically the end of decently made CI. This seems pretty darn smooth on inside but has a slight wobble. Since I will be using on a tripod on fire I'm not to worried about that.

I would assume the lid to be a match to the pot. All BSR had the dimples for basters. Based on their location, and the distribution of where most of their stuff shows up these days, I would think BSR's main market was the southeastern USA. In their heyday, however, I understand their production was the highest of all the cast iron manufacturers.

Lol thanks Doug as always you are a fountain of knowledge . Lol . Literally you know your stuff.... Thank you and I'll be sure and thank my mom. Definitely better than the ill fitting slacks she got me.haha

Back