Best Made Waffle Iron

TyHiggins

Today I'm at a antique mall, I find a nice candidate for restoration, a #8 3 notch Lodge for $5. An older couple is standing there, the old fellow asks if I'd want to buy a whole pile of skillets. He tells me how to get to his house, and in his shed there are indeed shelves piled with stacks. Many are Wagner, I saw a #5 Favorite, a #3 Ozark, two #9 and a #10 large logo Griswold, the majority being BSR and older Lodge. Well it's be cheaper buying on ebay, he had his blue book out and was wanting some very dear prices, like $80 for the #3 Ozark, or $40 for a hammered #5 Chicago Hardware Foundry (marked 85c). Well I see the Best Made, he didn't know it was made by Griswold, and I was able to pry that and a nice single notch Lodge #3 away for $40. So here's the riddle, what does such a waffle iron go for? It's just surface rust, cooking interiors still bare gray iron, awesome handle on the marked base, I think I did pretty good especially considering what he wanted on other items. I even told him how to make an electrolysis setup, I'm a nice guy like that, and he had a nice 10 amp charger in his garage.

Last edited:
The red book values that iron at $50-60. I'd say compared to similar design Griswold store brand irons in the blue book, more like $75.

Back