Griswold #2 Skillet Block Logo with Heat Ring

Tom Walsh

I visited an antique store in my hometown today and in the very last booth I saw several cast iron pans. Among them was this beautiful little Griswold #2 skillet block logo with heat ring. I'm no expert, but I thought it was a rare size, and it was only $26 so I bought it. Looking online I now realize it is rare and valuable. Most of the #2s that have sold on eBay are either slant logo with heat ring or block logo without heat ring. Is this particular variation especially rare? I don't have a price guide, so I'm curious what this might be worth to a collector. There is some rust on the inside, but I hope that can be cleaned up.

Any info is appreciated.

ImageImageImage

If you're ever going to find one for cheap and be able to tell the story about it for the rest of your life, that one's near the top of the list. Although several years old now, the most recent collector guide places this one $1500-2000, assuming no damage or defect.

Wow! This was your lucky year! Yes, the rust will clean up with no problems. I hope you will display this one prominently in your home!

Back