Wapak Indian: Right Out of the Mold?

Roland B.

Here's a very neat looking Wapak Indian no. 8 griddle, in beautiful condition. What makes it extraordinary to me (a newbie) is not only what appears to be it's great condition for a Wapak - my eyes are poor but it looks to still have machine marks on the cooking surface - but also it's flaws. Nearly every Wapak I've seen so far has it's flaws, generally in the large areas - the bottom, and sometimes extending to the cooking surface. But the only flaws on this baby seems to be the generous amount of iron poured into the mold...?...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wapak-Indian-8-griddle/122824415998?hash=item1c98e7dafe:g:taUAAOSw0y1aFjCR

How do you like it?

The BB shows an identical one and questions its authenticity, citing that the poor casting quality, while more typical of non-Indian Wapaks, is inconsistent with that of their Indian head pieces.

I have a few Indian head skillets, while Wapak Indians commonly have some casting flaws the quality of the casting is too poor for me to seriously consider this is a true Wapak made piece.

Yep - it was screaming "Fake!" to me, but due to my inexperience I still needed to hear it from "the pros" :chuckle:. I've poor eyesight and hearing, but a pretty good memory, and so sometimes an item will look odd to me, and I'll check back here first. I'm practicing learning the handles as well, but at my age, handy PDF spreadsheets like the one I printed from the W & G Society on Erie skillets, are a real help. I can quickly ID the year and the Series with that chart. This site provides a lot of tools as well - thanks Doug! and Thank you, Osborne!:grin:

Back