Question About Nickel Plated Wagner

BobbiC

I inherited some random cast iron pans from my Mom and I've used them for years (as did she). One of my daughters is getting married soon and she loves cooking with my cast iron so I decided to try to get some additional pieces of Wagner and BSR so that she can have a full set, including some of her Grandmother's pans. I've been looking specifically for a dutch oven/roaster, and the ebay/etsy prices are pretty high. Yesterday I found a #10 Wagner Drip Drop Roaster when I wasn't even searching and in my excitement - I just bought it! I got it home and besides a wobble, i think it's nickel plated. I have two questions, 1. since it wobbles should I just chalk it up to a bad impulse purchase and keep looking or is it possible to get it back to decent shape (how do you even clean the nickel plated stuff - I couldn't find any good answers online)? 2. Does the nickel plating have any effect on cooking with it? It is in pretty good shape other than the obvious wobble lol. Thank you for your help.

I ended up with a nickel Dutch oven on an impulse buy.
Standard rehab was applied...lye, then etank. Cleaned up pretty well.
Still stained though. A thorough scrubbing with stainless choreboy and vinegar did wonders!
Try giving them a once over with vinegar and elbow grease. Worked for my impulse buy!

Back