Help ID Possible Wagner

ZBaker

This pan has me very stumped and somewhat confused. No visible marks at all on the bottom and an almost Griswold-like "8" on the top of the handle while the bottom of the handle appears to be a Wagner. It's next in line for the hydrolysis tank, curious to see in it reveals anything else. Also, feels very heavy, like the bottom is super thick.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Iyaa7

I have one. Bought it all crudded up thinking I was smart spotting the Griswold 8. I think the heaviness comes from sand being removed from the mold after the pan/pattern was removed, in an effort to remove the Griswold markings. Less sand would have meant larger cavity, hence thicker/heavier bottom.

So it's pretty much a recast in which the effort was actually made to get rid of the Griswold logo? Would that mean it's just the product of a small, nameless foundry who didn't even bother with branding their skillets?

Paper labels, if any branding at all, would have been less trouble than trying to remove and create new, decent looking markings in the pattern.

Not the "great find" answer I was secretly hoping for, but still happy with the find. Has a very glassy cooking surface and the thick bottom should have great heat retention for searing steaks. Thanks for the info Doug:icon_thumbsup:

Back