Lodge #8 Waffle Iron for $6

SShort

Found this at a garage sale today. Is this a high base or low base? Any idea when it was manufactured?

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 85
My guess would be between 1910-1930's as that was the time that they used the arc logo. The waffle iron might have had a longer run since they probably didn't sell as many irons compared to skillets, and it would have been costly to make a new mold for an item that probably didn't sell as many units.

The cast handled Lodge waffle iron is shown as late as in catalogs purported to be from the 1950s. They offered a coil handle one for a time as well, but which isn't shown in the last catalog that shows the other. Yours would be the low base. eBay sold listings would be your best estimate of current value.

That is a beautiful piece of cast iron and talk about getting it at a good price.
When I picked mine up it was about 20 bucks and I thought I got a great deal but yours was a steal of a deal!

I’m totally jealous! That waffle iron is the one i’ve been hoping to find one day. Love arc logo Lodges and love the cast handles on that version of their waffle iron.

Around here, that waffle iron would be $100+.

Back