Need some help with identification please.

I found this last weekend. Obviously half of a two-part set, but don't know mfg. or what the other half is. Deep skillet maybe? I haven't cleaned it up yet, but only markings are a 1/2" tall B with serifs, upside down at 12 o'clock. I have been able to find photos of a lot of 2 part sets, but none with a 2 holed hinge. O.D. @ lip is 9 13/16", overall width at rim is 10 3/8". Height from tabletop to top of lip is 1 7/8". Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Image Image
Image Image

thx,
Michael

Looks like you have 1/3 of a combo cooker. The other parts would be another pot or skillet-like piece and a deep pot the others fit in/on.

Doug - any idea who made 3 piece combo cookers? You think this is imported, or recent? Just not sure where to start looking to track this down, although 3-piece is a good lead. I'd been looking for a 2 piece package.

Exellent Doug, thank you. Now to find the other two pieces...

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Odd - the publication date for the combo patent is 80 yrs ago, to the day - Feb.13, 1934.

I don't think yours is the Johnson or the Blankenship.I have had all 3 pieces of these and gave them to our daughters.The top section of the Johnson is marked and the top of the Blankenship has the patent number.I have seen 3 variations of these complete and 2 or 3 that was missing the bottom pot.An antique shop in West Jefferson N.C.has the top 2 pieces of one like yours.I don't think that is hinged but an assist handle.

Here is one similar to what you need for the center.I am hunting for pieces for 3 sets now.

Attachments

• 7-1-1-IMG_0041.JPG
    7-1-1-IMG_0041.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 44
Thanks John. If you run across any middles or bottoms that won't work for your sets, let me know. And I'll do likewise. I"m kinda new at hunting, so it may be a while before I scare something up. My top sorta fits a newer Lodge 8" chicken fryer I have, but the shape of this top says "PIE" to me. Can't wait to try that out after a good cleaning.

Doug, I have that center section that has the grooves on top and 3 lugs on the flange that fit into the bottom pot.I am looking for the top and bottom.Have seen both pieces at flea markets but didn't have the center section then.There seems to be only one of these with the locking lugs.

Doug,for lack of a better term if this locking lug system were patented would the patent number have to be cast into one of the pieces?The Blankenship and Johnson only have the number on the top piece. Thanks

It took a year and a half but I have found 3 pieces of the 2 hole tab set. The bottom and a deep skillet and a shallow skillet like Michael posted originally. The skillets have the B mark. Have not cleaned the bottom yet so don't know if it is marked.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1133.JPG
    1-IMG_1133.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 1-IMG_1134.JPG
    1-IMG_1134.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 45
  • 1-IMG_1137.JPG
    1-IMG_1137.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 42
Back