I bought a waffle iron for a user

Bought a #7 Crescent waffle iron. I want to make waffles:glutton:
Paid 42.55 shipped. It just need to be restored.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 58
Saw your item on eBay earlier this past week. Thought about bidding on it until I saw the handles plus it wasn't marked with the familiar "Cleveland Manufacturing Co." so I bailed on it.
Probably need some handles to look more like the original ones (darker and made of hickory) but it should be a good cooker none the less.

I could not wait. LAst nite at 10pm i sparked up the waffle iron. I had read so many tips about CI WI's that my confidence was high. The first one was cooked but not brown enough. DId not stick at all. Second one was the same except i put to much batter and some ran out

Cut to this morning ...5am:coffee:

Heated it in the oven to 425, put the stove on 5.5. the batter sizzled nicely and it came out great. Pics are in order from 1-3. i did not get the second pic last nite because i was cleaning overspill.

BTW...Hilditch i saw your post about eating first. I liked that. I did not follow your advice.:chuckle:

I was hoping the whole cook process that i would prevail. Seeing it was 10pm it did not matter if i ate or not

Attachments

• 100_0656.jpg
    100_0656.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0657.jpg
    100_0657.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_0658.jpg
    100_0658.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Saw your item on eBay earlier this past week. Thought about bidding on it until I saw the handles plus it wasn't marked with the familiar "Cleveland Manufacturing Co." so I bailed on it.
Probably need some handles to look more like the original ones (darker and made of hickory) but it should be a good cooker none the less.

Its cooks great, thanks. im on the lookout for handles

Scott, Looks like you got it. After dinner works. The wood handles got longer over the years on Griswolds. I made the ones on the right from an oak dowel from HD and added patina from rusty water, a Bic and bacon grease. The other two arrived as shown. I wouldn’t put wood in the oven, just preheat on the stove.

Hilditch

PS Warning: Using silicone laced PAM is cheating and may retard the buildup of natural seasoning.

Scott, Looks like you got it. After dinner works. The wood handles got longer over the years on Griswolds. I made the ones on the right from an oak dowel from HD and added patina from rusty water, a Bic and bacon grease. The other two arrived as shown. I wouldn’t put wood in the oven, just preheat on the stove.

PS Warning: Using silicone laced PAM is cheating and may retard the buildup of natural seasoning.

Thank ypu. I had to go check my Pam for silicon. I did not know that even existed. The handles come off before the oven.

The silicone and other chemicals are not listed on the label, but that is why it works so good.

Hilditch

Last edited:
Of course they are. "Dimethyl silicone (for anti-foaming)." Google image search "PAM ingredients".

the can said "100% canola oil"

and i just looked closer and silicon is in there

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I'm at the store right now. Every different brand and style of spray has silicone in it. What do you suggest? I'm going to just melt some Crisco and paint it on the iron
with a silicone brush

I use a oil spray bottle that I fill with canola. I wouldn't use the soy crisco due to the high smoking point. Spray or brush lightly with canola. You don't need 100% coverage if there is some butter or oil in the batter.

Hilditch

Oak dowel rods make a nice handle for the Crescent.

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
Back