Vollrath - Information Needed

MikeC

I am looking for some information regarding this Vollrath DO - such as year, scarcity, value, etc. Anything you can provide since searching Facebook groups and eBay did not yield much. I assume it is not too special, but I am curious about what I have! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8360.jpg
    IMG_8360.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 37
Well, it's a #6, a rare size among any maker's dutch ovens. If you don't have it, finding the lid will take an inordinate amount of luck. Info on how early Vollrath started making CI is sketchy, but best guess would be 1930s-40s. They continued a couple decades after that, but it appears most of those pieces were unmarked (even though recognizable by handles and size number orientation).

Thank you, Doug! I actually have the lid. Well, a lid. I've seen some that say Vollrath but then a couple sets that do not. Do you know if the correct lid is ONLY marked Vollrath?

It's in the lye tank, but here is a picture of the top at least. If not enough, I will hopefully have it out tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 50375.jpg
    50375.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 31
Most likely the correct lid. Unless they have the raised letter markings for basting elements on the underside, Vollrath DO lids appear to have no basting drippers. Larger size lids are seen with the same stylized Vollrath Ware and model number (or size number) as the pot incised on their tops, but perhaps the #6, being small, was an exception. Handle looks correct.

Back