Scrubbing iron

Good one Bonnie....Leroy sure is talented with those hands. Maybe he can come clean your skillets and you sing to him?????
I'm always thinking what kind of good tasting dish I can make once done and the better the taste the quicker I get finished.

I've been scrubbing on this huge kettle I picked up in Quartzsite. I think it's an old lodge #10. The modern Lodge #10 lid is too small. This one measures close to 13 inches across. That is a lot of chili! :glutton:
http://imgur.com/a/jAqrF

I've been scrubbing on this huge kettle I picked up in Quartzsite. I think it's an old lodge #10. The modern Lodge #10 lid is too small. This one measures close to 13 inches across. That is a lot of chili! :glutton:
http://imgur.com/a/jAqrF

Are you sure it's a Lodge? Didn't see any notches in the heat ring. I think BSR had their numbering at the handle end of their skillets but seeing how this is a kettle I guess they could put the number most anyplace. I'm not versed enough in the BSR pieces like JMoss is so I'm just wondering at this point.
In any case nice piece and yes....you can surely cook up a mess of something in a pot that size.
I just got home from a run next to my house and picked up 3 pieces (like I need more CI) a BSR #10 skillet w/ lid (Century series) a Griswold American #8 W.I. w/low base and a #8 Wagner Flat Bottom Kettle (P. 247 of the BB). Excited about the kettle. It was missing the tipping ring but I have some extra wire handles that I can make a new one with. May have to find that song of yours to clean all these pieces.

I'm not sure what it is? I was guessing Lodge because of the way the numbers look like an old single notch Lodge skillet.

Bonny,
It is Lodge. The bail and number is pretty much the give away. It is the first one I've seen without notches in the heat ring.

MD
BSR has a pour spout opposite the assist tab, no heat ring on the DOs' and the size # is at 6:00.

Happy hunting

Jack

Bonnie, I followed your hot link to the music, and laughed out loud! Love that "mountain music"! Of course, anything that makes the work go faster is good, so thanks for sharing!

Back