Custom Display

MDFraley

Just finished my C.I, "hand made" display this evening and still didn't have enough space to put a lot of other pieces on it. Quick count has 65 skillets, 2 D.O., 4 Bowls, 1 Three burner Hot Plate, and 1 Ladel. Looks like I will have to make another one for the Waffle Irons, Gem Pans, Corn/Wheat Pans and Misc. pieces.

Attachments

• P2240280 - Copy.jpg
    P2240280 - Copy.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 91
  • P2240281 - Copy.jpg
    P2240281 - Copy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 76
  • P2240282 - Copy.jpg
    P2240282 - Copy.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 76
Hats off to you, well done. Looks like that will carry some weight.

I was just looking at a 3 burner today. Very nice. :icon_thumbsup:

Care to share a photo of the broiler on the bottom left corner.

That is pretty darn awesome! Mine are just stacked on shelves. I don't have the wall space to display them at home, so I just photograph them all and put them up on the website.

I would like to say yes but the marking on the bottom says different. Almost like a BSR with the heat ring and 5. but the handle looks like a hollowed Griswold. I got it off e-Bay for $10 +S&H.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sma...rVel6%2FrKWWGeK0yHQRM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That is a pretty skillet. I searched the site for enamel BSR and found a post from JMoss that said he had a BSR enameled six slice cornbread pan but I didn't see the picture. Maybe we can get him to post it or at least tell us if it is the same color?

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I researched a little more and now I think the turquoise skillet is a Krane. Here is a post by a girl with a similar skillet.
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41

Hello Bonnie,
I still have the little six wedge BSR. The enamel is a redish orange. It was more red before I tried to clean it in my lye tank (VERY bad idea)

Jack

It sounds like both of you have some pretty rare pieces of cast iron. I thought Krane only made the Chicken fryer but it looks like they also made matching skillets.

Very very nice and and well thought out.

Have you thought about adding a base board at the bottom between the 4x4's? Maybe a piece of crown molding reversed ( upside down) as sweeping would be a little easier. I enjoy working on projects like that, I have three that need some finishing touches on before I start a new one.

Steve,

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing. Is that turquoise pan a Griswold?

I think that is early BSR I see some of the ashtrays handles have that groove on the bottom side of them. I have a picture in an article somewhere I'll have to see if I can find it.

Kev, the information that I read about Krane said that they used the early BSR for a pattern but altered it with the groove in the handle.

Very very nice and and well thought out.

Have you thought about adding a base board at the bottom between the 4x4's? Maybe a piece of crown molding reversed ( upside down) as sweeping would be a little easier. I enjoy working on projects like that, I have three that need some finishing touches on before I start a new one.

Steve,

Thanks Steve...I am attaching one additional pic of the bottom. I had already thought out the bottom and braced according to the weight that was going to be on it. I too always have projects I'm working on and it looks like I will soon start one for the waffle iron display and other pieces that just don't hang well.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• P2250284 - Copy.jpg
    P2250284 - Copy.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 33
That was my theory at the time, but not a proven fact.

Just for grins I took the enamel piece and turned it upside down (face to face) with a #5 BSR I have. If Krane did in fact use the BSR as a go-by it would have been a recast of the BSR...am I correct? If the answer is yes it would explain why the enamel piece is about 1/8" smaller in dia. as shown in the attached pic. In any case...the insides was very clean and not all scorched like most older enamel pieces thus made me happy to have a good clean piece to display.

Attachments

• P2250287 - Copy.jpg
    P2250287 - Copy.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
Kev, the information that I read about Krane said that they used the early BSR for a pattern but altered it with the groove in the handle.

well that explains a little bit. i also noticed the lid on the other one has exposed dimples like lodge as opposed to recess dimples like bsr.

Back