Waffle Maker

BryanB

First time posting a picture. I have had this waffle maker for several years and conditioning it for trade. I don't know much about it and I admit waffle makers are NOT my specialty area. Any help would be appreciated. On what appears to be the top side, appears to be a #7 and 8. The handle looks to be from the older Blacklock early skillet stock. It came from a lot I bought with some really old gate mark quality iron skillets. I can provide more photos if they show up. Wish me luck, this is my first time posting pictures.

Attachments

• waffle.jpg
    waffle.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 80
  • waffle1.jpg
    waffle1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 70
i don't think any one knows who the maker is. they make a 7-8 and a 8-9. I see these a lot of these in the south. there I bit of a pain to flip. unlike other waffle makers there is no handle to flip the iron over.

Bryan, we had a pretty lengthy discussion about these waffle irons a while back. I will attach the link if you are interested in reading it. It is my opinion based on reading the patent information that these WI's original came with a detachable wood and metal handle that slid over the tab that sticks out from the hinge. I believe there is a copy of the patent in this thread.
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

Bryan, we had a pretty lengthy discussion about these waffle irons a while back. I will attach the link if you are interested in reading it. It is my opinion based on reading the patent information that these WI's original came with a detachable wood and metal handle that slid over the tab that sticks out from the hinge. I believe there is a copy of the patent in this thread.
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

I just read the thread you posted--really interesting. I learn so much from you guys!

That post was great. The examples are spot on for the one I am cleaning up. This one was clean and rust free. Light surface rust on the base. Cleaned up very easy and super clean overall. Any clue as to the value? I agreed to trade it for a spider skillet lid that fit like a glove to 14 in. spider skillet. I will still make good on the trade as I have shook hands on the deal. At least this one puzzled me enough to learn how to post pictures.
Thanks all.

I have one just like that and love using it. On my wood stove I remove the "eye" and it sits right in it's place and flips very simply with a flick of the hinge. When I use it on my electric stove I have to pick up the base to flip it, no big deal. It makes great waffles.

Hank, I'm so glad to hear someone can use this guy as it was intended! I mean, on an "old fashioned" stove. Am so tired of "modern" this and that.

Back