Erie 7 Chrome

The chrome already hurt the value significantly, the crack put it over the top. The value of this pan is now in how much use you can get from it. Unless you hide the crack the pan is virtually impossible to sell. But it can make a good user or a good gift to someone who wants to starts cooking in cast iron, or you could hang it on the wall and try to forget it has a crack.. Have a great day,
Kyle

Why would you want to hide a crack from someone you're selling to? I've always been upfront with whatever I sell and expect the same when I'm buying something.
The chrome already hurt the value significantly, the crack put it over the top. The value of this pan is now in how much use you can get from it. Unless you hide the crack the pan is virtually impossible to sell. But it can make a good user or a good gift to someone who wants to starts cooking in cast iron, or you could hang it on the wall and try to forget it has a crack.. Have a great day,
Kyle

That was my point. Unless you are intentionally dishonest you won’t be able to sell it for much. There are those who do however. Got to keep an eye out. Happy hunting.

Yes is shows on both sides. I have cooked in it since reseasoning it 3 times. Bacon, eggs, potatos. Works great and no leaks I can tell. Now I have not filled the oil level up high as to deep fry something though. I think I will season it a couple of more time and then try a fry of something.

Should be just nickel. Chrome over nickel would have been too costly. Griswold later switched to chrome. The C has nothing to do with the finish, it's just a pattern identifier letter.

Back