Vienna Roll Bread pan No. 6, Wagner Sydney o Breakfast skillet

Kyle S.

Hello everyone,
I stopped into one of my favorite spots and came across these two guys today. I am sure the Vienna role pan is a Griswold but I was wondering about it's rarity? The writing is on the inside of of the slots and I have never seen that before. Any info on this pan would be greatly appreciated, when it was made, rarity level etc.
The Wagner breakfast skillet is also a bit of a mystery to me. The handle is different as you can see and I was wondering about it as well.
I paid 18 bucks for each of these today. I normally only like to go as high as 10 but these two were different. Wondering if my hunch on rarity and price was correct. Let me know.
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 52
Re: Vienna Role Bread pan No. 6, Wagner Sydney o Breakfast skillet

Think you forgot to link/add the pics, Kyle.

Sorry. See them now. My 'puter must have been slow. BB puts the value of the bread pan at $200-250, so I assume it's fairly rare. Looks like you got a good deal on both pieces to me. Too bad the bacon press didn't come with the skillet. Someone just gave my cousin the flat bacon fryer with the press.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Kevin. Wow. I thought since it wasn't marked the Vienna pan would not be worth much. I did not know the b and E skillet came with a press. That would be awesome to have. I need to look out for it. You know anything about the handle. No thumbprint and tiny hole. I know about the older wagers that have the three holes but I have never seen one in person.

RB says it was made about 1925. I know Wagner made some stuff with the single hole, but I couldn't begin to tell you what because I don't know.

The bacon and egg skillet with small hole handle is a fairly common piece although not seen as often as the ones with the thumbprint handle. Doesn't really make it worth more. Wagner made a full size press for the #1103 bacon fryer skillet and one half the size for the #1101 bacon and egg skillet. I have the 1103 skillet with press but the smaller press is a scarce piece and have never seen one in person.
http://imgur.com/fBgf811

The value of the vienna pan is probably about half or less of what the BB says but it is still a nice piece. I have one of those also. It's half hidden under the #26 vienna pan in pic.
http://imgur.com/smb3EzO

the yellow book gives it a 5 out of 10 on the rarity scale .the no6 was changed to no26 in the 1910's to avoid confusion with the no6 gem pan

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't assume it was worth what the books say, I was just shocked it was that high because it does not say ERIE or Griswold. Can one of you post a picture of the press that goes with the BandE skillet I have. I have never seen one and I am curious. What do you think the BandE skillet is worth? what is a good price for it. I thought is was a steal for 18 but I also have never come across one. That one is in mint condition and sits stone cold flat. Might just hang it on the wall. Thanks.

The press for bacon and egg skillet looks just like the full size one in my pic except it's half the size and rectangle shaped to fit in the bacon side of your skillet. There is a picture in the Red Book.
Ebay has the b and e skillets around $30-50.

Jeff,
Your stuff is crazy clean, almost looks like you spray painted them silver. Would yo mind sharing a bit of your method?
Good deals today. Also picked up a SBL Griswold #6 for 5 bucks and a BSR#5 for 5 bucks.

Just cleaned with lye and/or e-tank. I don't season at high temps, just around 300 to polymerize the crisco for protection. I think all the pieces in that pic were in really good shape to star with.

Thanks Jeff. You have been a great help. Are the presses you are talking about marked in any way? I need to get the books but always find a piece of iron I would rather have instead, Someday.

Not sure about small one but my big one is marked on the underside " Wagner Ware" and has same 1103 catalog number as the skillet.

I agree with Donna--even around here where CI is fairly common those prices are very good! Hope your luck continues, Kyle. I really like the Vienna bread pan; don't believe I have seen one before. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all of the interest. This is not normal for me either. I have found some good spots and know when to hit them. I have given up on Antique malls. I do indoor flea markets, outdoor flea markets, estate sales, garage sales and word of mouth. I ask everyone I deal with if they have cast. I go weeks without a bite but I have come up with some whoppers lately. Happy hunting everyone!

Back