Need measurement of a # 10 Griswold

Steven C

I have a display project I'm just starting and could use a little help. I'm looking for the exact measurements of a older # 10 Griswold from very top end of Handle to the outer lip of the bottom. I know it sounds like a odd request but at the present time I don't have one now, and while I have to table saw out might as well cut to length.

Thanks
Steve,

Don't know how close you have to be and I don't have a #10 Griswold of any vintage, but my #10 Wagner block logo from the 1890s measures 16.5 inches. It's about as close to being a second series Erie without actually being a second series Erie as you can get.

I have a #10 "SIDNEY" which is the same dim. as Kevin's (16 1/2"). I also have a #11 ERIE which is 17 1/4". Can't imagine the #10 Griswold would be any smaller or larger than those two dimensions.

Last edited:
Thanks guys that's what I need. It does look like they stay consistent in size.
I'll post the End results much later as I get a few more things. I kinda have two going and right now and Im rebuilding the back door on the garage that I've been putting off. Unfortunately sometimes I multi task in while I'm at it things:) to nice a day to let just go by inside.

You can google panman.com/sizecharts...he's the co-author of the red and blue books. Good chart to have on hand.

Thanks Donna, I was just looking for the the overall length tip to end. These will be hanging in four rows two wide. Just trying to keep as small and useful as possible in the space I have to work with. The design I'm still working on over complicating something simple, but didn't want it looking plain.

Steve,

Hope you let us see your project when completed, Steven. Many interesting and innovative displays have been shown in the forum. They range from rather conventional displays in nice furniture or cabinets to racks and wall mounted displays, and from basic to very fancy. Good luck on your project!

Remember:

Measure twice.....cut once. :)

Yes yes and yes. Many times measure three times. I've had Dyslexia my whole life and well aware that my mind may be thinking the number 42 but my hand may write 24 or vice versa. And always double check out of habit. But on the plus side I make fewer mistakes than most people :-D

Here is a quick look so far to give me a visual other than in my head. Not done yet just wanted to see how it laid out, I'm also a weirdo on evenly spaced and looking correct to the eyes, kinda why I was wanting that measurement so the top and bottom would be Spaced the same. Even with the different sizes I have here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 26
It looks great, StevenC! I taught dyslexic kids many years, and though they had some trouble with symbols (letters and numbers), they were always whizzes when it came to anything mechanical or spatial. One of my boys was the star of the woodshop classes, building a set of bedroom furniture when he was in jr. high; others were the stars in the high school auto mechanics classes--I used hire them to fix my car! There are so many different kinds of intelligences. My mom had to hire a tutor to get me through algebra, but I was a whiz in geometry--geometry was real to me.

Donna I know what you mean. I can see something in my head start to finish and where a possible problem may occur before I start. My guidance counselor in high school would shake his head after telling me I need to get into engineering for college because of high scores pointing that way. but couldn't understand my poor math scores did not match. Long story short, he couldn't figure out how I scored that way without strong math skills. Dyslexia was very difficult for me in math and spelling all threw school.

Spurgeon I'll have to post a finish picture when done I haven't put the face on the front yet. I have a smaller one about 1/2 size I just stained the front.

Back