Keep Good Health or Lodge?

Shawn R

I've been looking for a #8 DO for a co-worker, at a reasonable price. This weekend i found a Good Health with lid. It's been decorated(painted) and has some rust but should clean up great. Now I don't know if I want to keep my #8 DO Lodge and sell him the GH, or keep the GH and sell him my Lodge. Which one would be more desirable? I'm leaning towards selling the Lodge because the Good Health is not one I see often(ever).

I would keep the Good Health because of the rarity of it. I have never seen a Good Health DO, I hope you post pictures after it is cleaned up.

Agree, you can find Lodge marked and unmarked by the boat loads.
Is that also true of the early Lodge arc logo? I've got a single notch Lodge and seen a number of 3-notch pans but haven't seen one of the old marked ones yet. Next week will find me in Lodge Country and I suspect I will be seeing some there.

Yes, the arc logo is a hard find. I have one in a #5 but it is so badly pitted that it's junk. I've played with the ideas of resurfacing the cooking area to use it or just using it as a cautionary tale of how not to treat your pans and just hang it on the wall.

While the arc logo Lodge pieces are pretty rare, they are easier to find in my area then, say, slant logo Griswold pieces because the pickers, resellers, and collectors snatch up all the Griswolds and most of the Wagners, while passing over many nice marked Lodge pieces. I presume they're just not familiar with the quality and value of those old Lodge irons.
And I don't mind picking up those unwanted arc logo pieces one bit...

I think Im on the same page as yall on the Good Health and the Arc Lodge. I pulled the bottom out of etank and scrubbed it up. It has some minor pitting on the cooking surface and up the edges in a couple places. It's not very bad at all. The Lodge is probably in slightly better condition but so far I'm liking the Good Health better. Plus I already have a Lodge 10 DO and 12 CO. This is my first Good Health piece.

I've got 2 Arc Lodge skillets, 3 and 8. They are very nice and I love using them. I wish I could find some around here, I got both online.

Back