Things you hate to read/see on eBay...

RickC

My most recent one was....

HAS BEEN PRE-DRILLED WITH A SMALL DRAIN HOLE TO USE AS A PLANTER

On a ringed pot. as if pre-drilling was doing me a favor.

I've seen a million of them, what's the thing you saw that said, this person has no clue, and/or "I would have bought this if they hadn't shown/said this"

Keep on seeing one pop up where someone took an angle grinder to the bottom to "uncover" the markings. Totally destroyed the bottom of what was probably a decent skillet

"All cleaned, seasoned and ready to cook." When you can plainly see decades of crud and crust ... and some things you don't want to know about ...

"Rare vintage ..." when you know it’s not even 30 years old and nothing rare about it.

"Original 1891 Wagner Ware ..." when you can plainly see it's a 1991 centennial piece.

"You do not see very many of these"

"Great display item"

"Vintage pan made in USA RARE (Wagner/Griswold square skillet)"

"Perfect except for crack."

"Cracked holds water"

"The lid is NOT a perfect fit/match ~ but it does seal okay if carefully positioned."

"Lid has hairline crack in handle and another hairline tiny crack at the bottom, neither affect usability."

========

One of my favorites, Heavy pitting being listed as casting flaws.

Made-up stories:

"Made for the U.S. Military" (Lodge #14 SK marked U.S.)

"Unmarked Griswold" (when it's just a Lodge with a small G on it)

Any unmarked piece:

"Wagner? Griswold?" (Nope, just Lodge, BSR, unmarked Vollrath, etc.)

Any unmarked piece:

"Wagner? Griswold?" (Nope, just Lodge, BSR, unmarked Vollrath, etc.)

OMG! I see this all the time for anything people don't know what it is. They believe they'll snag some buyers looking for the good stuff by putting Wagner? or Griswold? in the description so we'll at least take a look.

I've thought about messaging those people, but really.... Would they listen? Probably not.

Saw this one tonight on a Non-Plated pan.

VINTAGE ANTIQUE WAGNER WARE ALUMINUM SKILLET WITH POUR SPOUTS HEAT RING. MADE OF CAST IRON WITH ALUMINUM COATING TO MAKE THE BEST SKILLET.

Back