Help ID Bread Pan

Kyle S.

Hello everyone,
I have had my eye on this bread pan for a while. It seems like a reproduction to me but I wanted to make sure. The only marking is a 1 on the back in the first photo a the top of the middle where the two sections connect. Any thoughts on who made it and how old it might be? Thanks everyone.
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 47
Looks like Lodge to me, but I thought they were marked "2FB" on the bottom. Maybe all of them weren't marked.

That looks like a nice pan.

Just think of the duel banana split for two you could serve in that. Could even pre chill in the freezer first:)

Looks like Lodge to me, but I thought they were marked "2FB" on the bottom. Maybe all of them weren't marked.

This pan was made 1916 or earlier as a #16. The letter designations like 2FB did not occur until the late 1950s.

Thanks again to the "common wisdom." I have a bread pan like the one Kyle pictured here and have assumed it to be a Lodge. Guessed right again? :) I like your banana split idea Spurgeon! Since I haven't made bread in my pan, maybe I'll try that. And, good luck on finding one for yourself.

So I went and bought it. Talked them down to 10 bucks. Quick question, what types of bread were made in these? I want to use it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Kyle

Last edited:
Thanks Doug. I am just curious because the bottom is rounded. Trying to picture what the finished product would look like.

Back