Open Faced Grilled Cheese

May be a contradiction in terms, but I've taken to making G. cheese sandwiches with one piece of bread, as I'm counting calories.

I take my Griswold #3, melt a pat of butter/canola spread in the skillet, and lay a slice of white bread thereupon.

After the bottom turns brown, I lay cheese (swiss and sharp cheddar) on the exposed side of bread and then put the whole skillet in a small toaster oven with it set on "broil." This melts the cheese without further toasting the other side.

Then I take it out of the skillet. Then I eat it. Not the skillet, the open-faced grilled cheese sandwich.

The End

p.s. Hope everyone is well. The cooking side of my cast iron hobby is alive, but I'm all done with the tank, etc. I just bought a number 4 large logo in a brutal eBay auction (don't ask). But if that was one of you bidding against me, well, I hope you get the #4 of your dreams soon.

Of course, I don't have a #2, which probably would be silly to acquire, or a large logo #7, which would NOT be silly to acquire and would round out my collection nicely. I hope I find one that doesn't need a lye and vinegar bath.

Best,
Rob

Back