Settled for a Griddle.

Bill W

Have been checking around a lot of shops, looking for that special piece of iron. You know, the piece that catches your eye, and makes me just have to have it?

This time it was a griddle that caught my eye. Bought it on the spot because I knew that if I waited, someone else would get it. Happens to me all of the time.

Well, here's a few pictures of it. Really do not know much about it. All I know is that it caught me eye. Sorry, but the lighting was not too good for picture taking. Oh, and this is my first ever griddle.

Thanks - Bill

Attachments

• 20180217_035421.jpg
    20180217_035421.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20180217_034923.jpg
    20180217_034923.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20180217_035054.jpg
    20180217_035054.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 57
specifically a 'skillet-griddle'... I have the wagner version that was made using the same pattern... it's pretty much the one pan that is always on the stovetop...

specifically a 'skillet-griddle'

It wasn't until I was taking the pictures that I really noticed the use of the two words, skillet & griddle, together (I need to pay closer attention).

Any idea of when my "skillet-griddle" was made?

Thanks - Bill

I never knew there was such a thing as a skillet griddle. I almost commented yesterday that it looked like a skillet with low sides, or a griddle with high sides and pour spouts, but I didnt want to point out the obvious. lol

yours looks like a 'slant' logo... which should be in the 1906-1929 range... very cool piece. I'm not sure I've ever seen a skillet griddle with the slant logo... usually they are the normal big block logo (which was later).

yours looks like a 'slant' logo... which should be in the 1906-1929 range... very cool piece. I'm not sure I've ever seen a skillet griddle with the slant logo... usually they are the normal big block logo (which was later).

It is slant, and just like my perch pan, I can't find an exact example of it on ebay. I'll have to do some digging through the completed listings. Maybe a good guide book ...

Thanks, D. - Bill

Back