Lodge lid

Bonnie Scott

I have been eying this lid since January. It was covered in a quarter inch of crud and married to a BSR DO priced at 45$. When I met the owner yesterday I was able to get it separate for $15. One night in the lye with the highs pushing 90 degrees got it looking pretty nice.

I am going to put it back in after I finish the dirty deed of changing my tank. I am waffling back and forth about that task. :) RickC is waffling about cleaning his waffle iron.

Last edited:
I've been wondering if there's any reason to change the juice in my lye tank. May I ask your reasons for wanting to refresh yours?

That's great Bonnie. Ran into a similar lid with deep skillet this weekend at a yard sale. Did not have to re-season either of them. But it looks like the lid was hardly used and the pan was!! Oh well...will be a great stew pan for cooking.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
Nope. Found it here in Tucson/Oro Valley. Funny...used one of my favorite yard sale tricks. Walk up and say hi to the vendor...instead of just looking and walking away after seeing no cast iron was for sale I tell them "am are on the hunt for cast iron to cook on but don't want to pay for those expensive Lodge skillets in the store". 1 times out of 10 they will go into their house and bring something out that they didn't have in the yard sale. That's how I got that pan and lid for 15 bucks.

Back