CI hunting

Bonnie Scott

I went into the big city yesterday hunting iron. I found a place with more cast iron than I could possibly look through in one day. I did manage to dig out a Griswold slant logo 8 with a heat ring that sits perfectly flat for $30. Maybe someday I will go back but not soon. The big city makes my blood pressure go to high. :headpop:

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Can someone tell me what year range the slant logo was produced? I saw that Griswold switched to the block logo in 1920 but couldn't really figure out when they started with the slant?

Some sources place the slant TM period as early as 1906, and as late as 1929. US Trademark info lists "first use in commerce" as 1909. And, although the block TM probably did not replace the slant outright at its time of inception, the block's "first use" is listed as 1924. I also think a lot depends on if one is just talking skillets, or the entire line as a whole.

I went into the big city yesterday hunting iron. I found a place with more cast iron than I could possibly look through in one day. I did manage to dig out a Griswold slant logo 8 with a heat ring that sits perfectly flat for $30. Maybe someday I will go back but not soon. The big city makes my blood pressure go to high. :headpop:

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Can someone tell me what year range the slant logo was produced? I saw that Griswold switched to the block logo in 1920 but couldn't really figure out when they started with the slant?

Now sit down take a deep breath, it will be all right. I know what you mean by the Big City. I forgot what it is like, been so long.:eek:

Thank you for your kind words Jeffery...it helps. Thanks Doug for clearing up my confusion about the skillet. The antique store I went to is the oldest antique store in Phoenix, it's been there 47 years and it looks as though some of the CI has been there as long without ever having been moved.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Thank you John also.

I flew into your hot state years ago. Rented a car with AC, and drove from one end to the other. Two things stayed with me all these years. I like Sedona, AZ and the Antique mall in Phoenix. Start in the morning, leave in the late afternoon. Skip the hot sun that day. I did leave a lot of $$ their, but shipped a lot of treasure back home.:icon_thumbsup:

I don't live to far from Sedona. My favorite swimming hole is pretty close to there. I felted a rug from wool once that was a picture of Sedona. That was a hobby that only lasted until I remembered I was allergic to wool. :icon_rofl:

Ah, that's a bit far for a day trip, but if I ever find myself in Phoenix, I'll have to try to remember that.

I highly recommend it. The owner is a very kind older lady who was very appreciative of my business. I value good customer service. It's called the Antique Outpost.

While I was out hunting I also found the matching lid for my flame red Descoware enamel DO. I was the lady in the housewares section clutching the red lid and singing "reunited and it feels so good". :chuckle:

While I was out hunting I also found the matching lid for my flame red Descoware enamel DO. I was the lady in the housewares section clutching the red lid and singing "reunited and it feels so good". :chuckle:

I hope that you were not singing out loud?

This site is going to the dogs Doug. We have artist, poets, and comedians.What is next. :icon_rofl:

I have a feeling that I need to start selling some of mine too. It's just so hard to decide which ones to sell. The ones I could make money on are the ones I like the best.:confused:

Back