Todays iron hunt

Thanks Shawn R, I went searching on google to see if I could find any info and of course it sent me back to castironcollector.com. I found an old post from 2013 with a picture of my pot. I sure hope mine cleans up as nice as this one.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img5/8585/albertmfgco.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for the way people price their cast iron. I found the Large logo Griswold for 20$ sitting next to a #8 three notch Lodge the seller wanted $35 for? I left the Lodge behind.

BenjaminO, I didn't know they had lids. This one was funny also because it was sitting next to a Wapak scotch bowl for twice the price.

Nice finds, my hunt begins on Sunday.

The orange lid in Descoware from Belgium. Just bought a 4qt. DO with that same colored lid a few days ago.

Thanks Jeffrey, it took some shifting around and cleaning some pieces to get that pot in the lye tank but I managed to get it submerged. The inside surface is in really good condition, normally I see those old pots with rust in the bottom.

I was up along the border of VT, NH and Canada yesterday and saw two nice (not) early kettles with holes drilled in them.:head pop:

Photos after you do your magic please.

Back