Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > General Cast Iron

Notices

General Cast Iron General Cast Iron Cookware Topics and Q&A

Old 09-25-2020, 07:40 PM

Default Yard Sale Finds

Picked up a few pieces of C.I. today (Lodge #14 CO) and Lodge #12 CO) and what I think is a Wagner Ware Hammered Aluminum p/n 3248 Round Roaster).
The hammered piece only says (Gourmet) and not the usual WW script. Couldn't find any literature regarding this type of script for WW pieces so maybe somebody can verify it authenticity for me.
https://imgur.com/sgZMQe5
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2020, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Yard Sale Finds

Sure looks like Wagner to me too. I would love to have the #14 CO!
Old 09-27-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
Sure looks like Wagner to me too. I would love to have the #14 CO!
Thanks Sean. Got both of the CO's for total of $50. The Gourmet marked pan came from a local thrift shop for $4.99. The main reason I bought the WW was that I recognized the four digit p/n and when I got home I checked in the RB and the 3248 is a good p/n. Still a mystery to me why it was only marked with a script "Gourmet" and not the typical WW script. Checked some of my resources along with the vintage advertising here on CIC and still came up empty handed. Think I have a hammered aluminum lid from another piece of my cast aluminum Wagner collection pieces so hopefully we can list it as the round roaster w/ lid.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:34 PM

Good score on the #14. I have been trading up on on those.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:14 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFraley View Post
I checked in the RB and the 3248 is a good p/n.
The #8 WWSO hammered aluminum roaster is seen with c/ns 2248 and 3248. Hard to say what the difference is. It appears the 2248 says "ROUND ROASTER" on the bottom, but the 3248 is seen with and without it. Lids with the zig-zag Wagner basting rings are seen marked either 2248 or 3248. 3248s are also seen with lids with the scallop-toothed circle basting elements, but which do not appear to be marked with a c/n.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D. View Post
The #8 WWSO hammered aluminum roaster is seen with c/ns 2248 and 3248. Hard to say what the difference is. It appears the 2248 says "ROUND ROASTER" on the bottom, but the 3248 is seen with and without it. Lids with the zig-zag Wagner basting rings are seen marked either 2248 or 3248. 3248s are also seen with lids with the scallop-toothed circle basting elements, but which do not appear to be marked with a c/n.
Thanks Doug. Your answer was quiet helpful. I found my KOOK ALL p/n3254 which had the hammered lid and when I looked at the markings it was a p/n3248 w/ the zig-zag Wagner basting rings fully marked on the underside. It also has: Drip Drop Self Basting Dutch Oven right above the p/n. Since that lid really doesn't go with the KOOK ALL I will match it with the hammered piece I just found that has the p/n 3248. Not to make anything confusing but since it only has the script "Gourmet" and p/n 3248 would it be safe to say it is a WW manufactured piece with a circ. of 1920's? Not important if you don't know...Just like being accurate with items we try to sell.