Wagner Wafer Iron

GTurner

I found an older Wagner Wafer Iron. I picked it up for $20. It has the 1892 pat date on it. Is there any model identifier associated with it (1450-1451)? I also have a 1910 Wagner waffle iron that also doesn't have an identifier on it, yet 1408 has been found on some 1910 and I believe all 1925 waffle irons.

Did Wagner have part numbers for these items, but didn't place them on the irons? If so, what might the part numbers be on these two items?

It appears the difference between the 1450 and 1451 is the tabs on the 1450 that were removed from the 1451.

The two wafer iron c/ns shown in the BB don't appear to have any physical difference other than the handle. Patent dates only tell us the earliest a piece could possibly have been made, not a specific year of manufacture. Wagner began using and putting c/ns on pieces ca. 1924.

The two wafer iron c/ns shown in the BB don't appear to have any physical difference other than the handle. Patent dates only tell us the earliest a piece could possibly have been made, not a specific year of manufacture. Wagner began using and putting c/ns on pieces ca. 1924.

Yes. The older version uses the thin metal handles. My question is more of, did Wagner have an part/catalog number associated with the older irons?

It is great to know when they started imprinting the number on the irons, thanks.

Back